Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2016

review of cooking thermometer

I recently got an opportunity to try out a Cooking thermometer produced by Chef Remi. I use my crockpot extensively but confess I tend to overcook stuff in it because I worry it's not done enough. This particular tool will help to allay those worries.

I borrowed a thermometer from a friend to do a comparision between the two for accuracy. They matched on the core temp of the roast I had in. The Chef Remi thermometer is really sensitive though, temperature is updated with the smallest shift of the thermometer. It has a nice long probe so you don't have to have your hand stuck in hot oven or over a hot pot or pan. The readout and controls are quite simple to figure out.
There have been many recipes I've seen on the net in the past that I've wanted to try but I did not have this piece of kitchen equipment, now when I see a candy recipe I know there won't be any guesswork or risk.

link to amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment